Too Cold to Paint? Bake a Cake! (or cupcakes!)

/
0 Comments
Another hobby of mine (like I really need another!) is baking! I love to bake anything and everything! Mostly, I think, is from loving to eat it but really baking is a treat (no pun intended) and I love the smell of the kitchen when there is delicious desserts baking in the oven! 


Today I looked on Hersheys.com for a sweet recipe (I promise I'm not trying!) and found "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake and that just sounds amazing!


So here we go into the kitchen to bake a cake! some cupcakes!


First I like to get all of my needed items ready. 
(Also, to make sure I have everything I need!)
Now we are beginning to make the cake batter!
Pile the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
Stir all those ingredients together
It should look like this
Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes
Stir in the boiling water. It should be thin.
Now it's time to pour it into your cake pan or cupcake pan like I did :)
check out my cute cupcake liners :)
I like to use a 1/3 Cup measuring spoon to "pour" the batter into the
 cupcake pan because otherwise, things could get really messy!
 
Here they are 2/3 C full of batter and ready to go into the oven!
While the cupcakes are baking I'm preparing the frosting
When you don't use or have a microwave, this is how you melt butter...
boiling water underneath a glass bowl or in this case a Pyrex measuring cup.
(Make sure it's a heavy glass though, otherwise melting or breaking could be
an issue! Safety first!)
Here's a fact you may not want to know...
In one can of soda you are drinking this much sugar!
Crazy isn't it? No wonder it taste's so good!
Once you have your butter melted, use a medium bowl to
beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk and cocoa.
Be sure to do this in order.
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered
sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
Add small amount of additional milk, if needed.  Stir in vanilla.

Yum...Homemade Chocolate Frosting!
Cupcake Timer Ringing!
I like the traditional toothpick testing method. If it comes
out clean then you have some baked cupcakes!
They are done and ready to take out to cool!
They look so good!
Just some more picture's to show you the texture of
these good lookin' cupcakes!
I use a table knife to gently maneuver the cakes out of
the pan. Be careful not to push against them to hard,
otherwise you will have a cupcake with a punched
in side.
Set them on the cooling rack until completely cooled.
Because I only have a six cupcakes pan I had to put several
batches in the oven. When you get to the end and don't
have enough batter to make the last couple then fill 1/3
of the cup with water so that you protect your pan and it will
distribute even baking throughout your pan.
After they are completely cool. Start Frosting!
and they are done!
Now Eat One! :)
This recipe gives you a moist texture
 that is somewhere between a
fudge brownie and a cake!

Hope you enjoyed the night in the kitchen with
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake Recipe!
Did you know???

Making your own desserts can be healthier! Use skim milk and even a sugar substitute like Stevia. (A natural herbal sweetener) I would not recommend Splenda or any other type of artificial sweetener because they are un-natural and hard for your body to break down and can cause illness. When you are baking at home, you can use real vanilla too instead of an artificial flavor like most store bought cake mixes use.

Enjoy the sweetness of all-natural desserts and get the real thing!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

We LOVE our followers!